Key Features and Details
- Sensitivity: 0.32 ng / ml
- Range: 0.391 ng / ml – 25 ng / ml
- Sample type: cell culture media, cell culture supernatant, cerebrospinal fluid, milk, plasma, saliva, serum, urine
- Detection method: colourimetric
- Test type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
The human alpha 1 antitrypsin ELISA kit (SERPINA1) (ab108799) is a sandwich ELISA kit for the quantitative measurement of alpha 1 antitrypsin in urine, milk, saliva, CSF, cell lysate and cell culture supernatants.
A specific alpha 1 antitrypsin antibody has been precoated on 96 well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently, a biotinylated detection antibody specific for alpha 1 antitrypsin is added and then washed with wash buffer.
The avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed with wash buffer. Then TMB is used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue product that changes to yellow after adding an acid stop solution. The density of the yellow staining is directly proportional to the amount of alpha 1 antitrypsin captured on the plate.